List of active policies
|Privacy statement||Site policy||All users|
ACER's policy on the collection of personal information
Summary Privacy Statement
The Australian Council for Educational Research Ltd (ABN 19 004 398 145) (“ACER”) wants to ensure you understand how it processes your personal data when you use ACER services provided via the online platform, Moodle (“Moodle”).
This Summary Privacy Notice sets out the key elements of that explanatory information. For the full explanatory information see our Full Privacy Statement, linked below:
Full Privacy Notice: https://www.acer.org/professional-learning-privacy-statement
The two principal privacy laws that may be applicable to personal data ACER collects via Moodle are, the:
- Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“the Act”); and
- European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)
Under the Act:
And the Australian Privacy Principles it includes ACER is required to inform you:
- Your personal data is collected for the purpose of administering and delivering the ACER goods or services you are using via Moodle (“the Purpose”);
- The only consequence for you not providing your personal information is that you may be able to use or get the full benefit of such goods or services;
- ACER will only disclose your personal data in pursuit of the Purpose to:
- ACER clients, educational institutions, government departments and agencies with an interest in the relevant goods or services you use: and
- ACER contractors assisting ACER in pursuing the Purpose;
- ACER may transfer your personal data outside of Australia and your CONSENT is requested for that purpose. For a full explanation, please see the Full Privacy Statement linked above; and
- you have the right to:
- inspect your Data;
- request amendment of your Data; and
- make a complaint in respect of a breach of your privacy.
Under the GDPR:
Our legal basis for processing data:
- for the pursuit of ACER’s legitimate interests or a third party’s legitimate interests in pursuing the Purpose; and
- To perform ACER’s contract with you.
You have certain rights in relation to the personal data which we process about you and in certain circumstances you may request:
- to know if ACER is processing your personal data, and if so, access to your personal data, provide the legal basis and contact details of the DPO and representative (if appointed);
- its correction;
- information about the processing of relevant personal data (legal basis, data source, if and to whom shared, foreign transfer mechanism, legitimate interest basis, etc) ;
- ACER to erase relevant personal data without undue delay;
- ACER to restrict or object, to processing of relevant personal data;
- a copy of any personal data processed;
- details of how to make a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority if ACER fails to provide the rights as required in the time frame allowed.
Data Retention Period
ACER will process different forms of personal data for as long as is necessary and proportionate for the Purpose and will store the Data for the shortest amount of time possible, taking into account legal requirements and the Purpose.
How to contact ACER
For ACER’s contact details please see the Full Privacy Statement linked above.